Friday, July 11, 2008

Crinoline Ladies - Updated as of July 11, 2008


















This is a special lady as she is wearing a sunflower made especially by me. Isn't she pretty? I have framed most of these ladies using shadowbox frames that I purchased at Big Lots.















































My latest project is crocheting these beautiful crinoline ladies. I am using #7 hook (my favorite) and #10 thread. The two black ones are hanging on my bathroom wall and I am in the process of making more. Easy to do and quite impressive if I do say so myself. The patterns can be purchased at http://www.crochetmemories.com/. Let me know your thoughts.

9 comments:

Today: In Seven said...

Hello, just stumbled onto your site and wanted to let you know that these are absolutely lovely. Keep up the great work!

I also have a blog in which I challenge people who stop by to describe their day in seven words or less. If you'd like to stop by I'd love to here from you and your day! Cheers.

Norma said...

Hi Vicki,
I am sorry I haven't checked in in so long, and even more sorry to hear of your loss. Your pictures and stories about Warren always brought a smile to my face -- and I am sure you brought many smiles to his as well. My sincere condolences...
Your crinoline ladies are beautiful, as all your projects are!
Hope you are doing well...
Norma

Regina Helena said...

Hi Vicki
Your crinoline ladies are very beautiful. I bought patterns in crochetmemories and I crocheted some. They are very easy to make and are adorable.I have photos in my blog.
I wait that you understand my English horrible
Kisses
Regina from Brazil
http://artes-e-linhas-da-regina.blogspot.com

Donna said...

WOW, I just fell in love. I hope that you don't mind that I posted on my blog with a link back to yours so others could have a look at these. Beautiful!!!

Joyce Ann said...

Oh my, what beautiful work - these must certainly make gorgeous framed art!

CarolynPhi said...

Your crinoline ladies are just beautiful!!!!! It is amazing how many you've made!

NickiLee said...

I would not have found these gorgeous ladies if it hadn't been for the post I saw on Everthingquilts blog.... thank you!

Now... these ladies are just about the prettiest I've ever seen! Love them - you do grogeous work. Are you interested in selling any of them? I am a Crazy Quilter and would love to incorporate a few in one of my blocks.

Mei said...

I like your Crinoline ladies. It's very beautiful. Good job :)

Phyllis Vallone said...

i would love to have some of your patterns. Are they for sale?

Phyllis