Tuesday, June 13, 2006

First Knitting Project in Progress



I have been teaching myself to knit. This is my first real project which is a sweater pattern from the Guideposts, "Knitting for Kids". It's for a size 2 child, but by the looks of it, might fit a size 4. I used size 8 flex needles which I bought not really knowing what they were and discovered that I liked them and have since purchased size 8 circular, 9, 10.5, 5, 7, oh, the list goes on and the money is spent. I now need a case for knitting needles to go with all my crochet hooks. I am in the process of sewing this sweater together and will post the finished project shortly.



Then I decided that I needed to make a hat to match and I wanted to try out the new size 8 circular needles. I finally figured out how to get started and, I believe it's looking good. We will see once I get to the decreasing part.

2 comments:

Ida said...

Hi.
Wow! A sweater for your first knit project. I am impressed--and a bit jealous. I've been knitting for a while and have yet to do a sweater.
I see on the Ample list that you're doing the hooded sweatshirt. I'm starting that next. I never thought about using anything other than Homespun, but now I'm thinking about Light and Lofty. I must admit that the neck has me a bit concerned as well.
Ida
http://knit-a-while.blogspot.com
http://sweet-tea-and-magnolias.blogspot.com
http://pinch-a-this-dash-a-that.blogspot.com

Vicki Findley said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.